It would be interesting to compare the toroids and capacitors in both products.
My guess is that they would be similar, and the difference in ratings is based
on the degree to which the manufacturer wishes to be conservative. As I've said
on numerous occasions, MFJ products are rated in MFJ watts, which are half the
size of regular watts (Pmfj = 2EI).

Vic 4X6GP/K2VCO