From: Alexandra Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Ron D'Eau Claire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:42:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KXPD1 Question

I can speak up on this, it's a VERY NICE little paddle! When you build
it you'll see how it works, and there's some adjustability but it's
difficult to explain, just get one and see. You can take this paddle
and mount it to a stand with a little stereo jack and a threaded hole
to accept the retaining screw, not hard to homebrew and that enables
you to use it with any rig. I made one of wood and showed it to Wayne
Burdick, he thought it was neat and others have made one or two of
their own design, Elecraft may come out with a stand for that little
paddle, sometime. I'm just starting a woodwork class myself and may
crank out some stands some time soon, I'll keep ppl posted.

DEFINATELY get one of these paddles with your KX1, to me it's part of
what the KX1 is all about, a little spy radio with a little spy (and
amazingly good) paddle. 73 de Alex NS6Y.