I have three portable Elecraft rigs (K1, K2 and KX3) and up to now power them
from a wall outlet (I do have the internal battery charger unit in the KX3). I
want to take them out and about and do some SOTA type stuff.

So, I am looking for advice on a portable power solution.  Should I bee looking
at LiFePO4 batteries or Sealed Lead-Acid batteries? What are the pros and cons
of each?  How about charging them when they are not in use?  Should they be
left to run down and then charged or kept continuously on a charger?  Are the
Buddipole one any good (although I would have to source the same type here as
they are not shippable across the pond!).

I am in the UK so generic types may be more applicable than specific brands.
Your suggestions would be most welcome!

73 David
David Bondy G4NRT
RNARS:4148 Fists:16978 SOC:1132