It sounds to me like all should be well.

As a refinement ---
If you have 2 50 ohm dummy loads and a coax TEE adapter, you could put the dummy loads in parallel to produce a 25 ohm dummy load. That will give you a sanity check on the Reflected trimmer pot calibration - adjust it to light the SWR=2 LED.

Note that the power and SWR displayed on the K2 come from the KPA100 and not the KAT100.

73,
Don W3FPR