> 2. If COM1 is a USB-to-serial adapter rather than a true serial port,
> then you will need to use EXTFSK with MMTTY; standard single-port
> USB-to-serial adapters cannot go slowly enough to do 45.45 baud RTTY.

If you have hardware that forces you to use EXTFSK, locate and download
EXTFSK64 (if you have an i5 or i7 CPU and > 4GB of RAM) or stick with
AFSK.  The original EXTFSK uses the old Windows Multi-media timer and
suffers greatly from bit jitter.  EXTFSK64 reduces jitter by nearly
90%.

Bit-jitter is effectively applying flutter to your transmit signal - it
can make an otherwise "solid" signal marginal and will make a marginal
signal impossible to copy.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV