Brian,

I don't know which DE-9 to 3.5mm cable that you currently have, but it is easy to check with an ohmmeter.
Does DE9 pin 5 connect to the shell of the 3.5mm?  That is Signal Ground.
Next check DE-9 pin 2 - that should connect to the tip of the 3.5mm plug.
Then DE-9 pin 3 should connect to the ring of the 3.5mm plug.

If all the cables you are asking about come from Elecraft gear, the answer is that they are interchangeable.

OK, there is some confusion in the designation of RXD and TXD - if the tip and ring connections are swapped in my connections above, that is the result of that confusion - in other words, if pins 2 and 3 are swapped from my description, it is my error, and the cable will work.

73,
Don W3FPR