Mike and all,

I have given up on the internal rig keyers already.  I have finally
assembled my K1EL K12 keyer that I hope will solve my problems - and it is
small enough that I can carry it with me to key any transceiver no matter
what the transceiver manufacturer thinks is the 'best'.  Certainly solves MY
problem ... others can go on discussing the pros and cons, but I will be
able to become acoustomed to my keyer characteristics and will not have to
work around the subtle timing differences of the various internal keyers.
YMMV.

73,
Don W3FPR