On Wednesday 25 January 2006 20:58, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> Here's an informative link explaining Mode A and Mode B for anyone still
> scratching their head in wonderment...
>
> http://home.att.net/%7Ejacksonharbor/modeab.pdf

  I have no idea, before I read about A and B, what
everyone is talking about.  I made an iambic keyer
from G3RVM's 'ultimate' keyer (Mk2) published in
the RSGB's Radio Communication, February 1980.
 It has auto charcter spacing, the addition in
that design to the original in May 1977.
   I would love to reverse engineer the gates and
flipflops to write such a keyer for a modern
microcontroller.  I am not up to doing that without
a serious learning curve.
 I have written one, with such spacing, but it
doesn't feel quite the same.

   I have given up on iambic completely now.
I can't stand inaccurate sending with extra dits
and dahs and don't trust myself.
 I programmed a PIC 16F628 to connect to a standard
AT keyboard, internal to the keyboard, and produce
morse as the keys are pressed, in otherwords, a
keyboard keyer.
  It has one component and an external regulated
power supply, a wallwart from RadioShack.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962