The following app nite from Elecraft describes a great way to calibrate the
dial on your K2:http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/K2%20C22%20Adjust%20App%20Note.pdf
After setting C22 and running CAL PLL, don't forget to also run CAL FIL and
update the BFO setting for each filter (even if you just increase it by a small
amount, then go back and change it back to the original value) -- you need to
make a change in order to force the firmware to take account of the calibration
adjustments in the previous steps.
There is a good article on K2 dial calibration on Don W3FPR's
website:http://w3fpr.com/

73, Matt VK2RQ

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 11:02 AM -0700, "John Wiener" <ja...@fuse.net> wrote:

Hi
Do people still ask about the venerable K2 on this group?  hi

my K2  serial # 5312 :

I built it 9 yrs ago now.

SO, I went back and (nervously) re-opened my K2 and re-did some of the
calibration routines.

The 4 Mhz calibration would not zero beat at 4.0000 Mhz  but at 3999.8

The PLL ref Bosc range was OK

BFO test was OK

The CAL FCTR procedure would not allow zero beat on WWV 10 Mhz sig.  Readings
were zero beat at 10000.19.  Needed to get FCTR to 14911.82   could only get to
14912.08  a diff of 1.74

Re-did PLL as required.  No probs there.

I am aware of the limitations of freq calib with the K2 when in the Hz range
However I did not used to have this much of a problem.

I am probably missing something obvious.

That’s where you guys come in!

Thanks

John
AB8O