Works just fine for me. I use a powered USB hub. A standard USB port can
deliver a maximum of 500 mA for USB2 ports, or 750mA for USB ports. That should
power a lot of USB-Serial ports, but as they say, your mileage may vary.

I use an FTDI four-port USB adapter (it’s a development device from Mouser). OS
X nicely identifies each port as the serial number followed by A, B, C or D. I
also use several single-port FTDI devices and note their id numbers so that I
can associate them with what they are connected to. All work pretty well. They
are connected as follows to my 2009-vintage Mac mini: The four-port device
plugs directly into the mini, while the other ports plug into a 7-port powered
USB hub. I need at least five to communicate with various Elecraft devices, and
actually can run multiple device Utility programs simultaneously. We don’t
recommend that folks do that, but it works for me.

By the way, my worst-case test used a total of nine FTDI USB-Serial adapters
with the mini. All worked quite well, used with several different applications
running concurrently. So, it will work.

73!

Jack, W6FB