Hi Alex:

Gotta agree with you... the AADE LC meter is a FINE addition to any ham tool box. Though I don't use mine extensively, it do manage to find sues for it on a fairly regular basis and it never ceases to come thru for me. For the price, it'd be difficult to beat.

Another device you might want to look at is the M3 Semiconductor Analyzer.

   http://www.m3electronix.com/features.html

A number of us built this kit at the 2005 FDIM Buildathon at the Dayton HamVention last year. It's a really neat device and works amazingly well... esp. for devices you can't fully identify. Saved my bacon a couple times already.

73,