This is very true! The AADE unit measures at something like 50kHz ranging to 600 or so kHz, and the characteristics of the toroid material matters a lot getting up into the HF range. I didn't get my AADE to measure toroids at all, but rather to check other components and well, fool around with loop antennas, goofy homemade capacitor ideas, that kind of thing. And of course it's good to be able to check fixed components to make sure I've picked up the right one...... 73 de Alex NS6Y