From: David Anderson <gm4...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tue, Sep 1, 2015 6:38 am
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [KX3] CW +SSB with external transverter problem

One further note, I am using an external keyer, not the KX3 internal keyer. I
just tried the internal keyer and it does work as I would expect.

73

David
Anderson GM4JJJ

<gm4...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Scenario:
>
> KX3 with external
transverter and amplifier on 144MHz. (Transverter RX/TCswitched from KX3 keyline
out).
> Wish to use CW+SSB feature where hitting the key in SSB mode transmits
CW. This is an option in the CW WGHT menu, selected by tapping 1.
> CW in SSB
is something that is used on VHF DX where fading sometimes means having to
quickly switch to CW from SSB during a QSO.

> Result:
>
> Tapping the
key in SSB mode now keys the PTT line to transverter at the keying rate,
irrespective of DLY setting or whether VOX or PTT is selected.

> So it
cannot be be used as the relay switching in the transverter and amplifier is not
capable of switching at the CW keying rate.

> Questions:
>
> Is this how
this feature was meant to work?

> Could it be altered so that the CW VOX
delay is honoured when using CW in SSB mode? This would then allow the feature
to be useful with external PTT (Keyline) driven transverters.

> Many
thanks,

http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm

http://www.qsl.net/donate.html