To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 11:58 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA500 fan noise

During a normal rag chew after three or four minutes, the temp on my KPA500 hits 70 degrees and the fans are at full blast. It is difficult to hear over the fan noise even when using headphones. Running 480 watts out (verified on a calibrated wattmeter) on 20 meters. SWR is 1.0:1.

Is this normal for the KPA500?

Thanks

Terry N4TB

Message delivered to w7l...@embarqmail.com