I bought a K2 the year it came out and I have one of the first K3s. I still
hate the tap/hold interface. I paid what I feel was an obscene amount of money
for a set of heavy, machined VFO knobs to replace the stock ones. I wish the K3
had more room for controls, so there would be less overloading of functions.

But all this pales into insignificance when I dial down the selectivity and
pick out the weak one in the midst of the pounding 20-over signals from nearby
EU stations. And then there is the improvement in copy from diversity reception!

Everyone has different interests. Mine is to work DX on CW. Satisfaction
doesn't come from a comfortable interface, but rather from achieving one's
goals. The K3 is simply the best tool available to do that.

Vic 4X6GP/K2VCO