Hello Bill,
Real world experience could be difference for different operator and I don't
think someone is selling you away from the K-Line.
Radio is a science so that we can still begin with some numbers.  Among the top
notch radios, choice eventually becomes a user preference.
I once had the luxury to own all the real big Icoms and K3.  I now downsize my
station for other priority (getting funds to support the purchase of my Tesla
Model S).  I sold the big Icoms at good price and now just keep the K3 for
occasional contest operation.
I am not the one who always clap my hands towards elecraft but I will keep
Wayne and Eric busy in improving their products.  In the past, I shout loudly
about the artifacts and poor audio of K3. Now in the K3S, they get better audio
section for the radio.
One thing, I do appreciate that elecraft gives us the chance to upgrade our old
K3 (though not cheap).  The same philosophy is also found in Tesla.  The owners
have the chance to update their cars.
Enjoy your K-line and so will I.
73
Johnny VR2XMC
      寄件人︰ Bill <w2...@nycap.rr.com>
 收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 傳送日期︰ 2015年09月16日 (週三) 4:29 AM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] K3 RX in real world

Real World - that is all that really counts. All the testing and arguing
that has been appearing of late is great, if you are a numbers cruncher
and chart maker. But, to my thinking - the technical performance
differences between the top rigs can only be discerned in a "copper" room.

Real world experience with QRM, QRN, good or poor antennas, band
conditions are all the great equalizers. Reported real world experience
- comparing one rig (A to B) - is of far greater value to me than a list
of numbers.

Lots of explanations why one rig is preferred over another: handles
QRM/QRN better, has more pleasing audio, better/worse ergonomics, more
??? for the money, too many menus, great audio reports, great
keyer/break-in, eye candy, etc.

Of course, all that said - it would be a very hard sell to get me away
from my K3-Line. But, it would be interesting reading never-the-less.

Bill W2BLC K3-Line

Message delivered to vr2...@yahoo.com.hk