Hi everyone,

I'm trying to improve the frequency stability of my K1, but I'm not sure if I'm sort of at the limit here or not. I'm evaluating the radio's capabilities for use as a 10-meter beacon, and have been running it into a dummy load for a while, controlled by an external PIC based controller.

I've rewound L1 to move the tuning range up to where I want it, and replaced C2 to give me just a narrow tuning range. I'm using an NP0 capacitor for C2 so it should have good temperature stability.

What I've found is that the frequency seems to drift upwards over the course of 2 or 3 days, going up 100 or so Hz.

The other strange thing I found was that the power out also drifted upwards. I had the radio set for 2.0 watts and after a day, it was running 4.5 watts out, which is as high as it goes on 10 meters. The power out isn't my main concern right now though, 4.5 watts will be fine.

I know the specs say < 200 Hz / hour but I'm really hoping to see less than 100 Hz per month, kind of thing. Is there any way to tighten-up the frequency stability even further?

Thanks and 73 de
Stephanie va3uxb
K2#5311 - K1#2132