On 30-Jan-06, at 11.38 .47, Mike Morrow wrote:
Pardon me for asking, but is this a realizable goal (3 ppm/month at 28 MHz over an unspecified temperature range) for the K1 frequency system which
consists of a crystal hetrodyne oscillator, crystal product
detector/transmit mixer oscillators, and LC VFO, none of which are
temperature controlled or compensated?

I don't know.  That's why I'm asking...  :-)

There are folks using converted CB radios, and folks using HTX-100's, that seem to stay on frequency all the time. Granted, none of them are using an LC VFO, but they aren't rock-bound either. I've been using converted crystal-based CB transmitters for 6 or 7 years and they've worked, but never looked or sounded as nice as the K1.

If it's an impossible goal for the K1, I'll accept that.

Thanks again and 73 de
Stephanie va3uxb
K2#5311 - K1#2132