We're had a lot of posts on this topic. Ltt's let it rest for now in the interest of relieving list email overload for others.

thread closed.

73,
Eric
/Moderator etc.
elecraft.com/
====

On 10/1/2015 9:58 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Thu,10/1/2015 8:11 AM, ae...@carolinaheli.com wrote::
Part of my confusion is based on this being a commercial solution that
didn't have a problem until recently.

Buying "a commercial solution" seems to mean that you're assuming that whoever is selling a product really understands how antennas work and the shortcomings of the product they're selling, so you don't have to understand it. Part of being a ham is taking the time to actually learn how stuff works. I suggest that you study the links I posted yesterday. They are both tutorial and practical.