Dave,

Are you using USB or the com port for rig control?

If you're using USB search the archives for my post from a few months back.
I'm not in a place where I can easily find it for you, sorry. Essentially
you use the SteppIR cable for the K3 and connect it to the com port dongle
thing you received with your K3s. The Steppir controller has to be set for
38K baud.

If you're using the com port (not USB) I think the Y cable is correct but I
have not done it so it's just a guess. In this case the SteppIR baud rate
should match what you're using for rig control.

Jim/KK1W