A good point, often the feet on a paddle are hard rubber which offers little traction to the desk top. As rubber ages it tends to harden as well. Those with softer rubber feet and keeping those clean to prevent dirt and wax buildup are much more prone to stay put.

If you clean your your desk top with a furniture polish, the wax in the polish will eventually adhere to the feet and make them less effective in holding power. I use 91% Isopropyl alcohol {found at the local pharmacy} and a soft cloth to clean rubber parts. All the black that rubs off is dead rubber.

If your key or paddle happens to have hard or rigid "plastic" feet......... replace them with something else........not plastic. Also I find may of the new silicone stick-on pads used to protect table tops get slick after a period of time. Just like vehicle tires, softer rubber gets better traction.

73
Bob, K4TAX