Forced by college dormitory rules against nails in walls, a trip to a bookstore more than 50 years ago resulted in the absolute best material to keep paddles and keys from sliding on any surface. Sold originally as white silly-putty-type stuff and called "Hold-it," today it goes by a variety of names and colors but the product is the same. It is used to stick pictures and other items on walls without leaving marks. You tear off a small hunk, stretch and knead it until the molecules are broken and the material is warm, soft, and pliable, and then put a small amount on the bottom of each foot or pad. Even the heaviest fist cannot move a paddle thus endowed. When you want to reposition the paddle, merely pick it up and place it where you want. When it picks up enough dirt and lint over time, merely knead and stretch it again, and reapply. Makes no difference whether the feet are hard rubber, soft rubber, or plastic. I still have about half what I bought at that bookstore in 1963, and gave a hunk to a new CW operator just last month. It is easily removed if you eventually sell the paddle. I use it every Saturday morning in the basement of a local restaurant to anchor my paddle and Logikey K-5 on the urethane-surfaced dining tables while teaching two CW classes, not to mention Field Day, Special Events, merit badge courses, and general operating at home. Great stuff that will outlive all of us.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV