There's a much easier and much better way to "do it by yourself".

I use a free application Audacity for the process. Connect the K3 to the computer using the same method as for digital modes. Activate the K3S in the TEST mode, turn up the MON gain to about 10 and activate the record mode in Audacity. Record about 30 seconds, save the file and play it back. Listen critically. Make the adjustments you believe necessary, and repeat the process until you get it sounding exactly as you desire to be heard over the air. I find this method is much more accurate than using headphones and trying to listen to yourself while talking and listening at the same time. The record/playback process does not consider the internal audio path between the mouth and voice and the ears but only presents what goes through the mike and the radio.

A general comment overlooked by most. The mike-to-mouth position and mike placement is much more critical than many realize. I've found if one changes the mike-to-mouth distance, looks around the room or the desk while talking, or doesn't put the headset boom in the exact same place every time, one will have different sounding audio. Thus it may sound great one time and not so good the next time.

73
Bob, K4TAX