How do I set the AGC on my loose coupler receiver? :-) I'm old, but I've never used the RF Gain on my K3.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016
- www.cqp.org

On 10/28/2015 6:19 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
Don is absolutely correct.

As many may know, I do assist hams with issues associated with many
different products here and elsewhere.  The biggest issue I encounter is
the ham that says " well somebody told me to.... blah blah blah blah
.....and it would work best".   In many cases, nothing could be further
from the truth.   I find today that many hams are more prone to have and
use old school thinking and methods trying to be used with today's
radios.  I find this applies to many facets of ham radio equipment as
being used today.

As I've told many, if you expect the radio  to operate like a Kenwood,
ICOM or Yaesu, it darn well better say Kenwood, ICOM or Yaesu on the
front panel.  Otherwise stated, learn to use the Elecraft radio
correctly in order to attain optimum performance, for indeed they do not
operate like the others.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S s/n 10163