It reminds me of my computer overclocking days when bragging rights went to the guy who could run the processor at the highest clock without roasting throwing BSOD's or cooking the silicon. It's analogous to today's PC gamers who overclock video cards to get the very last frame per second on such and such game. Of course they can't actually SEE and increase in frame rate above about 30 frames per second. They need software to tell them they are getting 110 frames per second.

Some people grow up faster than others.