From: John Kramer <jkra...@iafrica.com>
Date: 11/22/2015 3:38 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: Jan Ditzian <ditz...@windstream.net>
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] RFI in audio chain

Jan

The easiest, quickest and cheapest method is to wind yourself an “ugly balun”
in your coax cable line.
It must be located OUTSIDE your shack to choke the common mode currents from
entering the shack.
Wind about 15 - 20 turns of your coax on a 6” PVC pipe. This will give you
about 2500 ohms choking
impedance.

If there is still RFI getting in the shack, then purchase a commercial choke
either from
http://www.balundesigns.com/model-1115d-max-choking-1-1-balun-1-54-mhz-5kw/
this will provide about 10 - 12 000 ohms of choking impedance, or buy one from

http://myantennas.com/wp/product/cmc-130-3k/
This one will give from 12 000 - 15 000 ohms of choking impedance.

These common mode chokes merely get plugged inline in your coax cable. Always
better to locate
them outside the shack

73
John