I will continue to try solutions, but they seem to be getting random.

I found my long 50-ohm coax run to the 80-meter vertical. It ends in a DX Engineering 1:1 balun with terminals. I have tried this before. I connected one of the terminals to the vertical and the other to the ground base. The result was an SWR a little lower than with the hardline, patched-together feedline, but RFI when I run power. I do not have a choke or balun on the proximal (shack) end.

It is difficult to assess the radials, but I hope to get some more time tomorrow to do this.

73,

Jan, KX2A