I feel a bit responsible for this thread and it needs to end. The issue for me
is that my radio is at my place on J6 where my electronics lab is not. I have
three options:  1. Bring the radio back and fix it, 2. Try to fix it down there
(with very minimal resources), or 3. Bring a new part down with me to swap out
and trouble shoot the broken part back here in the states.  Ordering a new KIO3
would be less than smart.

I decided last night i would simply order a new K3s, tell Elecraft to hot shot
the KIO3B out of it and keep the radio/ send the radio with a replacement KIO3B
when they become available (months from now, i don't care).  Theres more than
one way to skin this cat!

Owner - Operator
Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC
Staunton, Illinois