Hi Bill (and everyone else interested in the KIO3B upgrade),

Unfortunately pulling the KIO3B boards out of a packaged K3S kit or already built K3S is not practical, and would really cause production problems here. We build the assembled K3S base units ahead of time before option configuration, and for kits, the KIO3B boards are inside of sealed boxes of kitted product packaged ahead of time.

We are also fully maxed out getting December orders out the door for last minute shoppers, presents etc.

Fortunately, we will begin taking orders for the KIO3B board set the week after next - after the holiday rush. This will probably on either the 29th or 30th, and we expect to begin shipments 5-10 days after that. We should have the extra KIO3B boards in-house and tested by then.

Please do not try to order or call before we announce that the order form is up as we do not have the web order form or internal order systems ready to handle KIO3B upgrade orders. (We prefer on-line orders to avoid phone overload here..) We are also maxed handling the holiday order rush.

We will post here on the Elecraft List and of course on our web page as soon as we are ready to take orders and the order form is up and running.

We're running as fast as we can - Its a busy month at Elecraft this time of
year.

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/