That's true, Lynn. Nevertheless it's a question of perspective. I already own all the other features of/with the KIO3 so I can only make up my mind on the additional features and decide if it's worth it or not as that is what makes the difference for me. If they would offer a trade programm, i.e. send back KIO3(A) and get KIO3B for $200 I might think about it but not this way. But then what would they do with all the old KIO3's? They didn't offer that option for the KSYN3A, same story there. But we will see, maybe the price tag mentioned was including labour for exchanging the board ... hope dies last. ;-)

People always praise Elecraft for having an update path to keep their radios up-to-date while others come out with a Mk2 version where they would need to spend their money twice buying the Mk2 to get the latest features, a.s.o. Now Elecraft came out with the K3S as their "Mk2" ... hear hear! And if I would really keep my original K3 up to date with all the new boards, mods & features I could buy a second radio, too! Don't see much difference to other manufacturers (anymore) ... But that's a different discussion ... just sayin'. ;-)

73, Olli

Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de