My electric co-op is trying to be cooperative (no pun intended). They even hired these guys (highly recommended by ARRL) http://www.rfiservices.com/ to teach them a workshop and they plan to have another.

Also on the site at http://www.rfiservices.com/fccwarning&citations.htm are some interesting examples of the way the pre-Obama FCC handled power companies.