I use three discarded 12v server back-up bateries which are discarded
from the server room after one year of service, but are generally
worth three to four years usage. Mine are connected to a  West
Mountain Super PWRgate PG40S between my Power supply and the 12 volt
equipment.  When the mains power goe's down there isn't a flicker in
my 12v equipment.

Works great

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:37:11 -0500, you wrote:

>Can one keep the battery on the charger and run the radio off the battery
>simultaneously?
>
>I wonder how long I can run a K3s/100 off one of these batteries...
>
>Juliean
>KD2JPF
ARS N5GE