Happens over and over. #1 thing that goes wrong in the shack ... cables,
adapters and connectors, busted, wrong, wrong wiring, don't fit, etc.  And
it's often the LAST place we look.

Speaker cables/connectors need to be very low resistance. One point of
issue is machine-crimped pins in a connector that grab insulated wires and
penetrate the insulation. It's possible for the pin crimping to contact
only a few strands of the stranded wire and pass automated continuity
checking but be entirely unsatisfactory for the low R speaker use. Also a
bit of patina on a pin or mating surface can do the same thing.

Glad you found it before you sent 'em back. That's sooooo embarrassing. I
tore apart an amp once, in the middle of a multi-multi contest effort,
where the problem turned out to be the RCA plug on the cable for the
amp's relay connection. That was sooooo embarrassing.

73 and happy holidays,

Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone