I've seen lots of used LP-PAN's being sold with a sound card for under
$200. A new LP-PAN is $250 and a good sound card can be found for
under $70. As far as the computer goes, I'm running NaP3 on a 2008
vintage E8600 processor (simultaneously running AC Log, NaP3, CC User,
LP-Bridge, DigiPan, MMTTY, and CW Get). Any computer less than ten
years old should be up to the job (A fast enough computer can be
purchased for less than the price of a KIO3B  :-).

Steve N9SZ