Even if you add in the cost of a computer and a top notch sound card you're still about half the cost of the P3 set. You can buy a pretty powerful refurbished computer for less than $300, and a monitor for less than $100.

Also, try running CW Skimmer or any third party SDR software (current or future) on a P3.

Dave   AB7E