Someone on this list may have an answer.
The output and SWR green LED status indicators on my KX3 (sn 18xx)
KXPA100/KXAT100 (sn 08xx) combo exhibit some unusual behavour on 40 Meters CW.
The problem (if it is a problem) is present only on 40 Meters when running 80
Watts or more, at which point the output power indicator begins to jump between
80 and 110 watts and the SWR indicator between 1.2 and 2.
The indications does not appear to follow the keying strictly but happens
randomly starting a few seconds after start of keying. The indications appears
mostly at keying speeds below approx 22 WPM using a paddle. There appears to be
few or no indications at slow speed hand keying.I do not experience any jumping
output indications when the KXPA is put in Tx mode by grounding the KXPA PA Key
line.The problem disappear, if I disconnect the connection from the KX3 ACC1 to
the KXPA.I use as a KXPACBL adaptor Cable Set.

The above problem appears to be RFI related, as the jumping output/SWR
indications are present only when feeding an antenna. No indications are
present when feeding a dummy load.Liberal use of ferrite on feedlines and
cables does not appear to make any difference on this issue. I have build a
G4HUP type RF current meter, and can not trace any common-mode RF on
Feedlines,on power lines or on wires between KX3 and KXPA.My K2-100 does not
exhibit any jumping output power or SWR indications on the same antennas and at
the same power levels.

My questions are:Has anyone experienced anything similar?Is it a problem?and if
so, where does the RF enter?
Is it likely that the RF get into the KXPA through the RDX or TDX lines on the
RJ45 connector?

Thank you in advance, good DXOZ7BQ,
Hans Jørgen (Joe).