The finals could handle it, just as they handle full-carrier modes like RTTY
and FM. The bigger problem, specifically described in the article, is the power
supply. Many operators who use SSB or CW only, not full-carrier modes, are
using power supplies that are barely adequate. They can handle 20+ amps at
light duty cycle, but not CESSB, etc.

As I mentioned previously, both the K3/K3S and KX3 have excellent speech
compression already, and the difference between a fairly aggressive compression
setting and CESSB is, in practice, rarely going to make a difference. That
said, we will be playing with this in DSP code to see if it's worth the trouble.

Wayne
N6KR