I second the vote for RUMLogNG for both general logging and many contests.
It's a good way to get back in without spending the time required to learn
the Windows contest programs.

BTW, RUMLogNG supports the WINkeyer and I usually use it but I have never
had problem with my Mac using the onboard K3 Keyer ( an option with the RUM
family ).

BTW, the K3 and P3 control screens built in to RUMLogNG are great and very
useful and I find myself really missing the P3 control screen if I am
running something else.

Unsupported or not I find CocoaModem to be very useful especially if you
have the Sub receiver.  It lets you monitor both receivers on one screen.

Anyway, I suggest you start out with these Mac programs and if you later
decide you are missing something then you can go through the hoops of
setting up a VM and running Windows.

Have fun,

RIck
K6LE