Hi Wayne,

On list report as you asked for...

Set up as described, only using a 13KHz filter in F1 position...

Using a florescent light, which makes a rather ugly wide band noise,
only on 18 MHz., I performed a sort of blind test....

After doing the full setup as you described on a very weak CW station,
I hit the NB button as fast as I could for several seconds while
looking away from the radio...  This confused me as to if it was on or
off...

I then while still looking away from the radio brought the NB on and
off line, and stopped on teh CW that was easiest to copy.

I did this five times, and after each test, I re-scrambled my memory by
again, hitting the NB switch many times, and looking away from the
radio.

Five out of five times the NB was off when I stopped, indicating that
the NB made the CW harder to copy.

Sorry...  I will try later tonight, when all the Horticultural lights
come on line on 40 meters, which has tons of RFI from them.  I will
report again...

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave