Even if this works for your noise, I wonder how well it will work using a
wide roofing filter in contest conditions.

Perhaps for RX testing only you can select a different narrower TX filter?

John KK9A

Bill W4ZV btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 6 05:34:34 EST 2016

I've been having a problem with a pulse type electric fencer (not the 60 Hz
cycling buzz type which is impossible to cure with a blanker).  Most radios'
NBs deal effectively with pulses but for some reason (firmware change) my K3
(#4717) is not.  I decided to try Wayne's suggestion even though I only have
the 2.7 kHz stock filter.

The problem with Wayne's suggestion is that the K3 Utility will not accept
0.45 as a valid width for the 2.7 kHz filter because it is used for TX on
CW/SSB and bandwidths <2.7 kHz are not allowed.  Is there a workaround for
this or am I doing something wrong?

73,  Bill  W4ZV