j...@kk9a.com wrote
> Even if this works for your noise, I wonder how well it will work using a
> wide roofing filter in contest conditions.
>
> Perhaps for RX testing only you can select a different narrower TX filter?

Definitely would not work in high activity contests, but fencer clicks would
be buried in all the other mess anyway.  ;-)

I do have a 2.1 in Main which I'll try the next time I experiment.
Unfortunately I don't have that in Sub which precludes diversity, which I
use for weak signals that the clicks bother.  BTW you can NEVER select a
narrower TX filter than 2.7/2.8 because the firmware/software will not allow
it (even for CW).  I know because I tried to do that years ago in an attempt
to further cleanse my CW signal.  Now the KSYN3A does a great job of that
anyway.

When I do another experiment with the 2.1, I'll report the results here.

73,  Bill  W4ZV