I have seen some cheap "CAT5/6" jumper cables designed to hook the network device to the jack in the wall, that were purchased on E-Bay. Nuff said. I suspect they were made with stranded conductor wire which is NOT spec. They were just a little too flexible.

Cable made by Anixter, Avaya, and Belden are top notch, Anixter tests every batch for compliance with the applicable RFC. I'll bet Avaya and Belden do too. Problem is you've got to buy 1,000'.