Hi Don,

Running the new software revision on our development units here (s/n 1403 & 7420), we see 15W output on 80-20M, with the KX3 pulling 2.2-2.5A depending on SWR. The voltage readings below are the average observed on two different KX3s on 40M powered by a Pro Audio Engineering Kx33:

Voltage at the DC jack measured on an HP34401A:
Rcv: 14.45 VDC
Xmit: 14.15 VDC

Voltage from the KX3 display PS value:
Rcv: 14.1 VDC
Xmit: 13.5 VDC

The lower readings on the KX3's display are due to the polarity protection diode and other I*R voltage drops /internal/ to the KX3. Elecraft's spec for the 15W power level specifies a supply which can deliver /at the DC power jack/ at least 13.8V at the 2.3-2.5A level needed for 15W output. The PAE-Kx33 design will deliver at the DC power plug 3A at >14.0V, and 4A at >13.9V.

If your Kx33 supply is not delivering better than 13.8V at the plug running 15W then please contact us!

Cheers & 73,

Howie - WA4PSC
www.proaudioeng.com