I've been closely following the IC-7300 news because I'm a big fan of
direct sampling receivers.  It's still too early to tell how well Icom will
pull it off.  I really don't see it as being K3s competition, a more apt
comparison being TS-590 and FT-1200.  Icom has been quite clear that
this will be an entry level radio only.

I suspect that compared to the K3s, the IC-7300 will fall short in terms of
dynamic range, QSK, etc.

73, Barry N1EU