I really don't see it as being K3s competition, a more apt comparison
being TS-590 and FT-1200. Icom has been quite clear that this will be
an entry level radio only.

I don't know that the TS-590 and FT-1200 are in the same class.

However, if the IC-7300 can pull off performance levels similar to the
TS-590S/TS-590SG it will be an outstanding "entry level" radio.  Icom's
initial claims for phase noise look to be among some of the best of
any rig (close to that of the K3S/"new synthesizer") and I plan to look
very closely at the IC-7300 at Orlando this weekend to replace the old
IC-706mkIIg as my Icom CI-V "test subject."

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV