      From: Bob McGraw K4TAX <rmcg...@blomand.net>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 8:08 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S Microphones

I use a Heil PR 781 with great success.  The K3S TX EQ is set as follows;
  -16 dB @ 50 Hz, -12 dB @ 100 Hz, -6 dB @ 200 Hz,  and 2400 Hz @ +3 Db,
3200 Hz @ +6 dB.

Working distance to the face of the mike is 4" to 5" on axis {one fist}
so as not to enhance bottom end due to proximity effect, typical of
dynamic mikes.    The MIC SEL is set for FP.H with the mike gain at 40
and the COMP at 15.    The PR 781 is mounted on a small spring loaded
desk boom that allows for easy placement for operation and moves easily
out of the way when not needed.  I did make my own mike cable using some
Belden 8771 which is 3 conductor shielded cable connecting between the
XLR connector and the Foster connector.  The cable shield connects at
the radio end only.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S, s/n 10163