I have a MH2 as well as a CM500. The MH2 works very well. I use it when my wife and I check into repeater nets so we both can pick it up and transmit. I use it as a push-to-talk switch when I'm using the CM500. (Some day i'll do the foot switch project. Too much time operating, too little building.)