I spend a large percentage of my ham time on 75 meters - among longtime friends that have an interest in one another's well being. Nets where I can find a wealth of information on nearly any topic - including ham radio.

Knowledge with real-world experience, not just spouting theory and numbers as if knowledgeable. A place where contacts amount to much more than another little check in the LOTW or "you are 59 - please repeat your callsign slowly three or four times."

A place on the bands where antenna building and conversation is always welcome. A place where equipment design/mods can be discussed, rather than just purchase price complaints.

The home of some really fine armchair signals - on SSB and on AM.

Elitists? Not so much!

Bill W2BLC