I played for a few hours Friday night.

I used my KX3 with the PX3 and a USB keyboard for S&P calling and reply including the serial number using function keys. I used logging to keep track of the few contacts I made on a separate computer.

I operated on 80m and used FSK D on the KX3 to display on the PX3. I found having the bandwidth as narrow as possible plus just a tad wider. I think something about 250 Hz wide worked well and I had very little problem copying call signs or serial numbers. One time I did have to wait for his next contact to conform the number. I DID have a problem with some stations needing a repeat of my serial number as I was running 5 watts (using an 80m horizontal loop - 15' above ground).

With the PX3 keyboard messaging and \c for serial number I sent the \c twice but if I needed to re-send the \c string, the number would increment and it is NOT easy to decrement the number. I just sent the number "by hand". It would be nice yo have \d to decrement the number before sending again.

With the PX3, tuning was easy and accurate. With CWT alone, tuning needs to be "somewhat" even on either side of CWT and then watch how it decoded.

Without the PX3, I would have used fldigi, a USB sound card, and the KX3 using DATA A (because I can use all the modes fldigi has)...

73, steve WB3LGC