Hi Dave hope all is well, haven't seen you for quite a while now.

It works.. and the magic answer was... drum roll

See the "W2 Owners Manual Rev D2", available on the Elecraft website.
> On page 5, "Important note" #5, it describes how to put the W2 into
> "search" mode. The W2 will automatically connect to the sensor getting RF.
> I wouldn't recommend allowing *both* sensors to be hot; CW or SSB will
> cause the sensors to switch rapidly and the resulting display would be
> meaningless.

The important note # 5 I overlooked during manual scanning..  a bit obscure I
personally would probably promote that to a section in the manual called dual
sensor operation.   JM2C

When you are using 1 meter with 2 antennas and have installed both sensors,
hold down the sensor button and that puts the sensors into a polling mode.  It
is reflected by a rapid flickering of both sensor lights.  Then the software
and meter will reflect the RF to the sensor currently being transmitted.

The flickering lights are a bit.. err.  much.. but it all works FB.  Just down
drive RF through both sensors at the same time or it will confuse the
electronics and not display useful info.  I

Again thanks to the W6FVI and W6FB for your help and G3WGN/M6O for your calls
and pointing to us 6 landers!

All good.

~Chris
N6WM